Information about Alcoa Foundation Conservation and Sustainability Fellowship Programme.
As you know, IUCN is one of the three "Sustainability Institutes" for the Alcoa Foundation Conservation and Sustainability Fellowship Programme. This is designed for mid-career conservationists, primarily from NGOs, who would be able to use US$ 10,000 to complete, carryout, or prepare for publication a piece of applied research in the following areas that are key to our work:
· Detailed Case Study of One or More Biodiversity Compensation Schemes
· Exploring the Relationship between Alternative Forms of Energy and their Impacts on Biodiversity
· Review and Synthesis of Corporate Biodiversity Management and Reporting Systems (including Indicators)
· Biomimicry – The Use of Biological Systems to Help Design New Approaches to Sustainability
· Biodiversity-Friendly Ways of Adapting to Climate Change
Further information on the Fellowship requirements, including application forms and procedures, can be found at http://www.alcoafoundationfellows.org
The completed application should be sent to the Institute of International Education no later than February 14, 2008. Applications received after this date will not be accepted.